Tots 'n' Teens will continue to have the office open Monday - Saturday. We have changed our office hours to 8AM - 4PM on weekdays and 8AM -11AM on Saturday. Staff from our office will be covering afterhours calls from 4PM until 10PM on weeksdays. After 10PM and on weekends trained nurses from The Children's of Alabama Pediactric Health Information Line ( PHIL) will be returning your calls with Tots 'n' Teens providers as back-up.
PLEASE CALL US BEFORE GOING OUT TO URGENT CARE OR ER FACILITIES!
We are here to anwser any questions you have and will do our best to keep you and your child safe.
Tot 'n' Teens Pediatrics is dedicated to helping you and your family through the COVID 19 pandemic.
We ask that you educate yourself about this virus by clicking on:
PATIENT RESOURCES < PATIENT EDUCATION < then type COVID 19 into the seach field.
Please share this information with all family members!
We are taking the following precautions in our office to protect your family:
1. We ask that all patients who have had contact with persons testing positive for COVID 19 or close contact with persons who have travelled out side the state of Alabama, speak to a medical assistant or healthcare provider prior to your appointment so that you can be triaged appropriately.
2. If staff has concerns that you or your child is infected with COVID 19, you will be asked to come in our back door and be met by medical staff and escorted to an exam room.
3. When you come to the office for a sick visit, you will be asked to stay in your car and text your child's name and appointment time to the following # 205-223-9105. You will receive a text back telling you when to come into the sick waiting room. Please have a seat in an empty area of the room and wait to be called to the check-in window.
4. If you have a check-up appointment, but your child has had fever or respiratory symptoms in the past 3 days or exposure to someone who is ill, please consider changing your appointment or stay in your car and text the child's name and appointment time to the following # 205-240-8441. You will receive a text back with instructions.
5. We will have exam rooms designated for sick visits and other exam rooms that will only be used for well check ups. We will also have office staff who are only working with our well patients.
6. Because there is a shortage of hand sanitizer, we ask that patients and family members wash hands when entering the exam room and before leaving. Medical staff will be doing the same. Hand sanitizer will be resevred for areas that do not have a sink.
7. There is also a shortage of masks. We will not be able to provide masks to patients. Our staff will be wearing masks and other protective equipement as recommended by the CDC.
8.During this time, children will continue to have ear infections, flu, strep throat, asthma flair ups,etc. We will conitinue to see our patients for those illnesses. We do not need to see children with no symptoms or very mild symptoms. We do not have the ability to test for COVID 19 in our office but can evaluated for other things that can and need to be treated.
9 We ask that only one family member per child come to our office for an appointment if at all possible.
10. Respiratory spread of viruses is more likely if you or your child is in a situation where they are closer than 6 feet to other individuals. For this reason, we do not want our patients to be in ER or Urgent Care waiting rooms unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Please call our office with any concerrns so that we can direct your child's care in the safest way possible.